December 7th Meeting
Our December meeting is sponsored by the TMTA Waterloo Region. The guest speaker is Staff Sgt. Mike Hinsperger from the Waterloo Regional Police Service Traffic Services Branch. Here are some details about Sgt. Hinsperger:
- – Employed with Waterloo Regional Police Service for 27 years currently in charge of Traffic Services for Waterloo Regional Police Service
- – 12 years’ experience as a commercial class “AZ” driver both local and long-haul operations
- – Certified CVSA Commercial Vehicle Inspector since 2003
- – Appointed by Minister of Transportation for Dangerous Goods Transportation Act inspections
- – 2006 recipient of the Training and Education Award from the IOMGIA (International Outlaw Motorcycle Gang Investigators Association) in San Diego, California
- – Master Instructor and recognized expert by US FMCSA – DIAP (Drug Interdiction Assistance Program) in commercial vehicle criminal interdiction
- – Current Chair of the Ontario Police Commercial Vehicle Committee (OPCVC) since 2012
- – Past Vice- Chair of OPCVC and founding member since 2009
- – Lectured to more than 4000 officers around North America CMV rules and regulations and Commercial Vehicle Criminal Interdiction
- – Published since 2006 by Thomson Carswell Legal Publications- Expert Witness Litigation Directory as an expert in Motorcycle Equipment Enforcement and Commercial Vehicle Enforcement
- – Recognized Expert by Canadian courts in commercial vehicle criminal interdiction
- – 2016 recipient of the “Traffic Safety Award of Excellence” by the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police (OACP)
- – 2017 recipient of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police “Traffic Safety Lifetime Achievement Award”
- – Received 2017 CCMTA Canadian “Partnership in Policing” award on behalf of the OPCVC in June – Yellowknife NWT
The purpose is to provide information and expert advice by manufacturers, to people responsible for the maintenance of trucking fleets. (A fleet being five or more Heavy Trucks.)
Membership is open to fleet superintendents and those with a primary interest in the maintenance and care of truck fleets. Regular Membership is open to someone that works in the trade, Associate and Affiliate Membership is open to original equipment manufacturers and allied industry suppliers.
The membership meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month except in July and August. Each meeting begins with dinner and is followed with a presentation by the sponsor of the month. These interesting presentations provide information about products that the sponsors endorse. A question and answer period will conclude each presentation. The meetings run from 6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M., with supper at 7:00 P.M.
In addition to our regular meeting, other functions such as golf tournaments, bus trips to various manufacturing plants, ladies night, and trade shows are organized.